Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Second Shipment

The second shipment of Purpose Box has hit mailboxes, and everyone should safely have all their items by now.

Meet the Maher family, our second featured purpose:


We had items from all over the country, and several of these ladies are people I have met and gotten to know through Purpose Box. I am so grateful for the connections that are being made!



Dot Products

Hallie founded Dot Products with the idea of helping children get an education. She knows the names of the children the products support and proudly shares about them. I had the pleasure of meeting Hallie in Austin a few months ago while she and two friends were doing a roadtrip with their products. Your Purpose Box purchases funded 25 days of school for children in the Democratic Republic of Congo. 

Jacob's Scarves

Kiri started Jacob's Scarves after meeting a family in China during a semester abroad and seeing the cost of eduction for the children there. They're using fashion to change the world, one scarf and one child at a time.

Nutty Snacks 

Sarah started Nutty Snacks in her own kitchen, for her own kids. Nutty Snacks are delicious, nutritious, and filling! Sarah has been one of my biggest cheerleaders since starting Purpose Box, and I'm so glad we got connected. Purchases of Nutty Snacks benefit The Amani Project.

Thistle Farms

Becca Stevens started Magdalene House in 1997. Thistle Farms came later, as a means of social enterprise for the ladies in the homes. I had the privilege of meeting the women of Magdalene last May, before Purpose Box was even a blip on my radar. I loved everything about it, and I was so excited to be able to feature them in our second box. They have lots of other great products (I think I bought one of everything when I was there originally); it was so hard for me to choose just one for the boxes! If you're ever in Nashville, be sure to stop for a cup of coffee at Thistle Stop Cafe!

Writefully His

I met Grace, the founder of Writefully His, on the same road trip I met Hallie of Dot. They were sharing their products and stories, and I fell in love. I'm a paper lover, anyway, and Grace's stuff was beautiful and purposeful. I bought some cards to take home and asked her to please join in the second box. She gladly agreed, and I feel like I made a fast friend. Purchases from Writefully His go toward pencils and notebooks for school children in Africa.

----------------------------------------------------

Once again, I want to thank you for joining in on the Purpose Box journey and being part of something bigger than any of us could do alone. I have learned something new with each order, each box, and each trip to the post office. Thank you to each of you who have offered kind words, shared purposes with me, and told a friend about Purpose Box. I know many of you missed out on the last box (it's a good problem to have), so I promise there will be more boxes in the next shipment. Don't wait to order, though, so you don't miss out! Email subscribers will get first dibs on the third shipment, as usual, so make sure you're signed up for our email list--and tell your friends to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment